This class is designed to support your English acquisition and academic success. Here is the rotating weekly schedule we will be following for the majority of this school year:
- Musing Mondays (Block 1): Students will respond to a variety of writing prompts and exercise both their metacognitive thinking and writing skills.
- Workshop Wednesdays (Block 1): Students will employ research, analysis, and writing skills as they develop different learning artifacts.
- Technical Tuesdays (Block 2): Students will log on to Khan Academy and engage in a series of interactive grammar exercises.
- Thinking Thursdays (Block 2): Students will meet for academic conferences and receive support in their other coursework.
- Fiction Fridays (Block 2): Reading aloud to students (of all ages) helps them develop and improve literacy skills. Therefore, to support students’ English acquisition and love of reading, the teacher will read a chapter or passage of a book every other Friday. Then students will practice speaking, listening, and reading skills during a whole-class discussion.